There seems to be a sense of job discontent in the air. I always said I wanted a job I was excited to wake up for every morning, but it seems like all I can do every day is sit on g-chat and complain with my friends about how bored we are. Don't get me wrong--we are all very gainfully employed and we appreciate the pay check! But we often wonder if *insert respective career field here* is really what we want to pursue for the rest of our lives.
This is especially important to me because--let's be honest here--the trophy wife option is an increasingly distant possibility, due to my stubborn resistance to falling in love...HA. So, I need to find something that will motivate me and excite me. Like politics, entertainment/fashion, talking, being on camera, and interacting with people!
Here are some ideas I've been mulling about for some time, and the *dream positions* within each field that I fantasize about :)
~ Broadcast journalism
*Anchor or correspondent for a major news network. Enough with the grumpy old men telling us what's going on in the world!
*Correspondent or host for E! Entertainment. Guiliana's going down!
*The next Kelly Ripa
*White House Press Secretary
~ Public Relations/Affairs
*Either in politics, fashion, or entertainment. Ideally, something controversial ;)
~ Government
*Foreign policy... National Security Advisor! (Watch out!!!)
*Intelligence analyst
*Emergency response
~ Magazine Editor/Contributor
*Washingtonian. Allure. Newsweek. National Geographic!
~ Event Planner
*Samantha on Sex and the City (isn't that what she does?)
*Event photographer!
And of course, there's always the running away to LA and become an A-list movie star option. Thoughts???
*Correspondent or host for E! Entertainment. Guiliana's going down!
*The next Kelly Ripa
*White House Press Secretary
~ Public Relations/Affairs
*Either in politics, fashion, or entertainment. Ideally, something controversial ;)
~ Government
*Foreign policy... National Security Advisor! (Watch out!!!)
*Intelligence analyst
*Emergency response
~ Magazine Editor/Contributor
*Washingtonian. Allure. Newsweek. National Geographic!
~ Event Planner
*Samantha on Sex and the City (isn't that what she does?)
*Event photographer!
And of course, there's always the running away to LA and become an A-list movie star option. Thoughts???
4 comments:
hahaha
I have a feeling that I am the friend that you are referring to about talking on gchat to discuss our unhappiness at our respective jobs ;)
Anyway.. maybe you should get ur masters in Journalism at Mason while you're here? With your background in political science/international politics/ whatever it is that you do, I'm sure it wouldn't be too far fetched to use those resources IN THE NATION'S CAPITAL... ;)
..i could SO totally picture you as an achorwoman.
You made three months... feel free to disembark from the company at any time now... But I say you should do what we're all doing. Put in a year working a pointless job to build credentials, return to school for a masters or something, then somehow trip into a position that has absolutely no relation to what you studied for to begin with.
Hey I think you should take up journalism!!!! u wld make a pleasant presenter!!!! easy on eyes full of enthusiasm and above all a good girl!!!!
adios
PS - came across your blog randomly and had fun reading your musings on a variety of topics. Nice job!!!!
Post a Comment