Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just My Luck

I have had the worst luck this year. I don't know what it is, but something whack is always happening to me. In less than a year, the following have managed to occur:

~ My 3-month old, $2,000 Mac computer's hard drive crashes and I lose thousands of pictures, music files, and documents.

~ I get into 2 car accidents, both my fault.

~My camera gets stolen in LA.

~ I get my first traffic ticket EVER, a stupid HOV violation, since 66 is HOV only during rush hour. Stupid stupid stupid... and $250.

~ My car's emissions equipment (O2 sensor, air flow thingie... ugh don't even ask me because I don't know...) totally break and cost me $1,261.

~My bag of personal items (toothbrush, CHANEL body wash, shampoo, etc) gets stolen in Miami.

~My camera breaks one day before going on vacay in Miami.

~ My purse gets stolen and I lose my cell phone, driver's license, keys, credit card... and I'm stranded in the middle of the city, with an appointment the next morning.

~ My car gets towed out of my own neighborhood.

~ I delay one hour to buy a flight ticket and the price goes up $100.

Not to mention the times I got sick while in between jobs with no insurance. Not to mention the fact that my mom's dog chose to have accidents on my bedroom carpet only. That's not even all of it. I need something lucky to happen, dammit!!!

ADDENDUM: Please add that I spent 130 dollars on a fabulous portable dance pole that is apparently 4 inches too short for my ceiling. Add that I can't get a refund because it qualifies as an "adult item."

Also add that a big fat bitchy SUV shoved me into a corner of my parking garage at work and now I have big white paint marks and scratches on my right door. 

So, my luck is not getting any better :(

3 comments:

Loveli said...

lol...you forgot the pole... ;)

and when did you get a traffic ticket??

and when did your car get towed??

damn...you seriously are having the worst luck this yr :( poor nikz...well at least you have half the year left...something magical will happen...i just KNOW it!

no said...

wanna little cheese with that whine?

Kathlea said...

i have good luck, and i think it's because i am oddly superstitious.

i never walk under ladders, i never break a mirror, i always say "bunny" while driving past a graveyard, i never split poles.... ETC.


:) you should try!