Thursday, December 6, 2007

My First New Year's Resolution

It's not necessarily how much I spend, but what I spend my money on. No matter how many times I say I will stop buying party clothes, or how badly I need grown-up, classy clothes, I ALWAYS end up buying yet one more party girl outfit that I DON'T need.

December is the month of parties... holiday parties, New Year's parties, birthday parties... So naturally, I used this as an excuse to buy a new outfit for each...and for one party, I couldn't make up my mind so I actually bought two. And with each new outfit comes new shoes and accessories. I'm not the only one who likes to avoid recycling old party wear. Because of course, we cannot be photographed in the same outfit twice! (Common exclamation in my particular social group:"What?! I can't wear THAT! It's been done! It is on Facebook!")

But now that we have actual bills to pay, and life is no longer a party... IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY?! Now I have almost no money for the normal clothes that I need hardcore.

So now I'm making my first New Years resolution: from now until summer, no more cheap slutty clothes! I may only purchase things that I can wear to work, out to dinner, shopping, etc. Things I can get a lot of wear out of! Things I can wear both professionally and socially. So bye-bye to the LVL X's and Wet Seals of the world. And HELLO to the Banana Republic's and Ann Taylor's!

*shudder*

Hold me to it ya'll!!!

4 comments:

Loveli said...

oh please... you'll be spending once the warm weather hits :P

Kimberly said...

It is so hard to be a young professional and shop at mall stores like Banana Republic and Ann Taylor because when you go into the office 50+ other girls are wearing the exacts same thing....Blah!

no said...

I LOVE IT. GREAT PLAN NIKKI! Btw (pika sucks) ---haha, a wmer just reminded me of that --- I Quit smoking!!! Its been a week. A long horrible painful week. But its not so bad in the long run I guess...

Kathlea said...

we'll do this together... hahaha

we have interchangable wardrobes. =P