*This is actually a post I started back in November, that I just found saved in my drafts section. I am publishing it now because it is HI-LARIOUS in hindsight.*
11/14/07
So today, I walk into the hotel for this conference I have to help run for work, and immediately this GORGEOUS guy starts eyeing me. Dark hair, bright blue eyes, Air Force uniform, Air force body...HOT. And he is like, glancing up and smiling at me every time we pass each other.
Then my bosses are like, "Okay, you can go home now, Nikki." So I go to the bathroom to pee one more time before my long metro ride back home, and on my way back, he catches up with me and starts talking to me. He is even more gorgeous up close, and his name is Trent. We are chit-chatting: "Where are you from? What do you do? Etc, etc." And then he's like, "So what is fun to do in DC?" After I give him some ideas, he says, "Too bad you're leaving... do you think you would want to come out tonight? Dinner or a drink or something? I need a guide in DC!"
I immediately get all shy and flustered, and for some ridiculous reason I say no! "I have to go back home actually...I'm having dinner with my sister."
LAME. Such a lie. A lame lie. The poor thing had a hard time asking me in the first place. I kept telling myself that saying yes would be dumb, because what if he's some charming serial killer just in town to do his work and then jet back to Boston? I should have at least asked for his number so that I could call him if I changed my mind--once I stopped being shy. Ugh. I'm so sad. I suck. I fail. I can't even accept dates from guys I'm actually attracted to.
And this is why I am single.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shy? really? the nikki i saw dancing at R&R lounge for her co-birthday with paco didn't seem shy.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment